A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WoW wine of the week


I realize the wine I am about to list is a summer wine, but oh well, label me a procrastinator. Beep grabbed this one at Central Market this summer and we quickly fell in love with it's effervescent citrusy flavor!
I am not sure what I like more, the taste or the bottle. With the simple vertical printed name on the front you peer through the clear liquid to a beautiful painted woman, (plus I have a tough time with names, so the appearance of the bottle is extremely important to me) it is unmistakable.
Drum roll please. . . the wine of the week is . . . New Age. New Age comes from one of Argentina's oldest wineries, founded in 1928 by Italian immigrant, Valentin Bianchi. You can get additional info on this wine from their rep, Quintessential Wine, http://www.quintessentialwines.com. They price it at $9.99, I believe Central Market had it priced at $10, but it could be more, it is Central Market after all. ENJOY! (Summer or not.)

No comments: