A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Friday, January 1, 2010

WOW Wine of the week


I know it has been a while. . . hopefully worth the wait. I have compiled a new list of wines consumed over the holiday season and plan to post with more consistency.
This wine is one that I have mentioned in recipes on this blog, but neglected to honor as a WOW.
As with most of mine wine selections, this one found it's way into the Schuh household via Beep. It is a terrific every day red table wine and I have especially found it wonderful to use as a cooking wine.
I prepared short ribs over the holiday break and used it again in that recipe and it performed superbly. It performs in price point as well, $14.99 at Central Market, I found it listed at the Gauge Wines site at $13.99, here is the link . . . http://www.gaugewines.com/gauge/index.jsp
12 Gauge Cab is a must have staple!
More things to love about this wine . . . #1 - the screw top makes it easy to pour a glass and even easier when adding to your favorite recipe. #2 - the attitude of the company . . . "Wine for the not-so-delicate palate" the red is described as Perfect, paired with anything retired by a shotgun or rifle, and the white, Perfect for anything hauled in by a hook.

No comments: