A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sangria


Summer time means Sangria and lazy days lounging by the pool! It doesn't get any better than this, just mix, chill and enjoy.

INGREDIENTS:
1 750ml bottle of red wine, good table wine will do
8 oz. Orange juice
1/4 C Grand Marnier
1/8 C Chambord
2 T. Sugar
1 Handful fresh Cherries, halved and pitted
1 Handful Grapes, seedless and halved
1 Apple cored and sliced into wedges
2-3 Oranges or Clementines sliced, I prefer Clementines, cute, no seeds.
Large pinch of Cinnamon
Chilled Sparkling Water

PREPARATION:
Mix wine, liquors, sugar, cinnamon and fruit: Chill at least 6 hours. When ready to serve, pour Sangria into glasses with one third sparkling water. Garnish with fruit and serve.

1 comment:

christishoe said...

Yum!! That looks delicious.