A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WoW wine of the week


Alright, I know, let me begin with a small disclaimer . . . I may not, okay will in all probability never get a post up every week with a new wine pick, but I will give it my best shot. I just like the WoW, it just doesn't have the same impact if the post was titled WoM or WoBM (bi-monthly). I promise in official girls scout spirit, to post a WoW as often as possible. I am confident that tasting won't be a problem!

Drum roll please . . . . The first official WoW is: Tamarack Cellars Firehouse Red
Beep and I had this one at home and it was terrific. It made such and impact on Beep that he saved the cork so we could remember to buy it again, and I often trust his palate more than I trust my own. At $20 (on line), I am not sure what we paid, you get a very drinkable wine with hints of raspberry, currant, mocha and a touch of black pepper spice.

No comments: