A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Sunday, February 14, 2010

WOW


I don't often drink white wines, but I do cook with them. Since a normal recipe asks for about a cup or so, I feel obligated to finish the bottle, so follow that well known rule, "don't cook with a wine that you wouldn't want to drink". A great white for drinking and cooking is Kim Crawford Marlborough Savignon Blanc.
"We do things unconventionally, take risks, start things, welcome different. Screw caps keep wine fresher than corks. So we started championing them. We decided the world needed a clean, top quality, fruit driven Chardonnay devoid of the heavy oak. So we started making one. Indeed, when we first started Kim Crawford, we didn't even have a vineyard or winery. Just an idea and a lot of energy."

This New Zealand winemaker's philosophy matches it's wine! I find this one at Central Market, like most others it is priced at $20 or under. I threw away my receipt, so I'm not certain exactly what I paid. WELL worth the price.

No comments: