A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Watermelon Martini

This summer my garden went wild with viney fruits and vegetables. I grew so many watermelons that I was forced to get creative. This is a fun appetizer or dessert, just something a little different!


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 C Water
1/2 C Granulated Sugar
3 Basil leaves
4-5 Spearmint leaves
1/2 C Vodka
Watermelon, cubed and chilled

PREPARATION:
Heat water, sugar, basil and mint in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool. Stir in vodka and place syrup mixture in the freezer to chill. Meanwhile, cube watermelon and chill martini glasses. To serve, place watermelon cubes in chilled glasses and pour syrup over the fruit. Garnish with mint and basil.

No comments: