A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baked Goat Cheese with Salsa

 
Posted by Picasa
So, my brother-in-law thinks this might be a twist on queso that may only fly in the "Park Cities", possibly, but it is one of the yummiest things you will taste, sophisticated palate or not! Love you Chris, I am making it for you next time I see you and we'll see if you can resist it's creamy deliciousness.INGREDIENTS:1 1/2 C roasted salsa (previous post)8 oz. goat cheese8 oz. cream cheese1/4 C pine nuts, toastedtoasted tortilla or pita chipsPREPARATION:Allow cheeses to soften, cream together and add toasted pine nuts. Form cheese mixture into a disc approximately 1/2 inch thick, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. Set oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow oven safe dish, remove plastic wrap, place goat cheese disc in the center and top with salsa. Bake approximately 10-15 minutes until warm and slightly bubbly. Serve warm with chips.Toasting pine nuts: I do it on the stove top so I don't neglect them and end up with burnt pine nuts. In a saute pan toast nuts lightly tossing over medium heat, just until they begin to become golden. 3-4 minutes at most.Toasting chips: Cut pita or flour tortilla chips into triangles, arrange in a mostly single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast in the oven until crisp, flipping or slightly stirring the chips if necessary. 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of your pita or tortillas. If you are really lazy, pop open a bag of your favorite brand of chips! You really can't beat the homemade ones though, they can be done the day before and kept in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Chris Cotton said...

Just one man's opinion Traci; my tastes run more to Lockhart and Elgin but it sounds awesome!