A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Monday, June 28, 2010

Black Bean & Corn Salsa


I adapted this recipe from an old Fort Lauderdale friend's. We used to have a dinner club and one of the girls made a terrific rice salad with a cumin vinegarette. I eighty-sixed the rice to create this wonderful black bean and corn salsa. This is a great way to use left over corn on the cob, I always buy more than we can eat. You can use canned corn, but it just isn't the same.

INGREDIENTS:
2-3 Ears corn on the cob, cooked and cut from the cob
1 Small jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 15oz. Can black beans rinsed and drained
2 Small tomatoes seeded and diced
1/2 Small red onion, diced
Pinch Garlic powder
Pinch Adobo seasoning
Pinch Ground cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro, chopped to taste, I like a bunch
1/4 C Cider vinegar
Olive oil added to vinegar to equal 1/3 C

PREP:
In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except vinegar and oil. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar and oil. pour over salsa and stir to coat. Store in refrigerator up to one week. Great served with chips, chicken or toss with cooked rice and make additional dressing for a rice salad.

No comments: