A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blackberry Lemonade

One use that I have found for my blackberries growing in the back yard is this tasty beverage, that just screams SUMMER. Simple, quick and use whatever type of berries you may have on hand. You could also use limes and and make a limeade. I suggest doubling this recipe, it disappears way to quickly!





INGREDIENTS:
2 C Water
1 C Sugar
1 C Blackberries overflowing
1 C Lemon juice, freshly squeezed 4-5 lemons
2 C Cold water

PREP:
Put first 3 ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down and simmer for five minutes. Squeeze lemon juice. Allow blackberry mixture to cool slightly and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients. Press berries with the back of a spoon to release all the juices. Pour lemon juice through the strainer to remove any small seeds and pour in the remaining 2 cups of water and refrigerate.

No comments: