A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Short Rib Recipe



4 lbs Short Ribs
3 T olive oil
1/2 head of garlic
1/4 bunch of Thyme
2 C beef stock
1 onion
2 carrots
1 lg. tomato
3 ribs of celery
1 1/2 C red wine
4 T parsley

Season ribs and heat oil in dutch oven. Sear ribs in hot oil on all sides. Remove ribs to a platter. Add veggies to food processor and pulse. In dutch oven, add more oil if needed, add thyme and saute 1 minute, add processed veggies and cook 10 minutes. Pour in wine and stock, bring to a boil. Place seared ribs into sauce, they should be covered and cook 2 1/2 - 3 hours on simmer.
I placed a lid on my pot and put them in the oven to cook about 2 1/2 hours rather than simmer on the stove top. I also placed my quartered veggies on top of the ribs at this point. (pictured above)

1 comment:

christishoe said...

Tonight my sister-in-law made this recipe for dinner. It was truly one if the yummiest meals I've had. Delicious. She's awesome. I think you'd like her. She's real cute!!

Oh, wait... I think it is you!!!

Thanks for making my life so so much nicer.
I'm lucky to have snagged a sister like you!
Love you sooo much ( not just because of the short ribs!)