A chronicle of my life in recipes. I love to cook, but more importantly I love to eat. The food you cook and eat tells a story of where you were raised and the path you have traveled. This is my story . . .

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

YUM! Banana Foster Bread Pudding


Thanks to my ever diligent sister-in-law cruising food sites, I was the lucky recipient of this fantastic recipe. Courtesy of Emeril's Dlemonico, restaurant this was a breeze to make and a delicious twist on one of my favorite desserts. Of course I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I never do, but being a dessert I only veered slightly from Emeril's perfection. Pictured above: What could be more heavenly than bananas bubbling away in butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. The original recipe is listed above. Here are the changes I made: I cut the recipe in half, it still fillled a 10 inch deep pie plate and was too much for the 5 of us to finish over the course of a weekend. The only other moment I strayed, was to substitute banana rum for the dark rum, for no good reason other than the fact it was all I could find in the liquor cabinet at the time. I didn't bother with the caramel sauce, just substituted Dulce de Leche Hagen Daz.

1 comment:

christishoe said...

I love the site and I love you!! This is awesome. Thanks for creating it. Miss you much.